This women's cross pendant with a pearl center is made of 18K yellow gold and sterling silver. Its hand-engraved exquisite flower ornament and the center pearl are perfectly balanced.
Flower ornaments were extremely popular in Greek culture. Ancient artists were often inspired by the acanthus, a plant of the Mediterranean with thorny leaves. It is cultivated for ornamental reasons.
The S shape in the Acanthus became a hallmark of the classic Corinthian order. The ornament can be seen in the temple of Olympian Zeus in Athens, the Athenian Agora, as well as on the Hadrian's library. Now it inspires the Konstantino craftsmen who have managed to express a sense of purpose, love of life, and the desire to overcome any limits. English artist William Hogarth called S-shaped lines "the line of beauty itself."
- Beautifully hand etched cross with Pearl center
- Height 1 1/8 inch, Width 3/4 inch
- Made with 18k Yellow gold and sterling silver
- Style Number: STMK6867-122
- Konstantino pendants are handcrafted in Greece with unique designs and remarkable artisanship
Konstantino Women's Pearl Cross Pendant, Silver